The Famous Faces of Alzheimer’s
We often feel alone if we have symptoms of Alzheimer’s or we Care for a loved one with Alzheimer’s. Many folks hideaway or become reclusive while caring for some one with these odd symptoms. But, seeing the Famous Faces of Alzheimer’s gives us a sense of camaraderie, somehow.
For many years in the past, family members would hide those with Alzheimer’s dementia.
When my mom began showing odd symptoms of forgetfulness, Alzheimer’s never entered my mind. I didn’t know the symptoms of Alzheimer’s, nor anyone else in our family who had ever been ill with Alzheimer’s.
The odd part of that is that since my Mom passed away with Alzheimer’s I have learned that my Grandmother and Uncle also passed with Alzheimer’s many years before.
But currently, more folks are coming forward with their relatives or their own symptoms of this disease. And it’s a blessing to associate with others and learn from their own past experiences of coping with this illness.
Publicly, more celebrities have come forward with their story of Alzheimer’s; Barry Petersen with wife Jan, Glenn Campbell, Tennessee Basketball Coach Pat Summit and a few others.
But there have been many more who preceded these few and Toni Wombaker has created a stirring video of even more famous folks who succumbed to Alzheimer’s.
The Stories of other Famous People and Alzheimer’s
- Rita Hayworth – Down to Earth
- Terry Pratchett – Author (Campaigned to increase funding in Search of a Cure)
- Ronald Regan – US President- Daughter Patti Davis wrote a book about losing her father to Alzheimer’s
- Prunella Scales – British Actress (Fawlty Towers) and husband, Timothy West, share information about her health and dementia
- Omar Shariff – Actor Best Known for “Lawrence of Arabia”
- Estelle Getty – Beloved Actress Biography of Estelle Getty
- Sugar Ray Robinson – Renowned Boxer
- Ronald Reagan – President of the United States
Sum It Up – Pat SummitThe Reagan DiariesVery Best of Perry ComoThe Films of Rita HayworthJames Stewart Western PassageSugar Ray RobinsonNorman Rockwell 2015 CalendarDeath Wish 2/Death Wish 3/Death Wish 4The Ten Commandments